I bet a lot of people walk by the canned lobster at Loblaw’s because they feel it is sacrilegious to partake of lobster from a can, or maybe it’s the $20 price tag, or maybe everyone’s just buying it and enjoying it as immensely as we are. If not, they should be!
Kudos to Rocky Point for the very appealing packaging and of course the wonderful product nestled inside. This is a breezy, quick dinner fix (if you had the presence of mind to defrost 24 hours in advance) also would be great for lunch. So take five minutes (+ 24 hours) and have an amazing home made lobster salad or lobster roll.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 can Rocky Point Lobster
- 2 tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 small tsp of chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 green onion finely minced
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- a little squirt of siracha if you are feeling bold
- two classic toasty buns (for lobster rolls)
- 24 hours before scheduled meal time defrost the lobster in the fridge.
- Day of: If making lobster rolls fire up the BBQ or broiler.
- Make sure the lobster is fully defrosted (I check about an hour prior to serving in case it needs some time out of the fridge) and then drain liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl and add other ingredients.
- Butter those buns, and give them a lil toast on the BBQ or under the broiler.
- Combine immediately before serving.
Spicy Steak recipe to come soon!