I think most people have tried a variety of this salad because it’s easy to make, tasty, and kale is healthy… everyone loves kale…Great for quick weeknight dinners and even once dressed holds up nicely for lunch the next day.
Ali (Graham’s mom) first prepared this salad for us and pointed out that the key is to chiffonade the kale.
- 1 head of kale
- 1/4 cup of pickled red beets (of fresh)
- 3 oz goat cheese
- slivered almonds
- handful of cilantro
- 2 tbs red current jam
- 1 tbs good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- S & P
- Prepare kale in chiffonade style (finely chopped in long slender ribbons).
- Cut the pickled beets into more manageable sizes.
- Roast the slivered almonds in the over for 5 minutes on high heat or just add them as is.
- Combine ingredients for salad dressing, if serving immediately add before goat cheese (because it looks nicer) or just add before serving.
- Crumble goat cheese atop other ingredients and sprinkle with cilantro.